Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Celebrity Syndrome - I'm sick of it!!!

I am so sick of the "Celebrity Syndrome" in this country. And I mean celebrity in the broadest terms. Whether it be political, sports, entertainment, or one of wealth they are all the same and it is all our fault.

What do I mean? Surely everyone knows and is as thoroughly fed up with it as I am.

First I must explain how I feel about human nature. I believe we all make mistakes. I know everyone has their own issues, God knows I have mine. But when celebrities are above not only the law but society, I have a real problem.

Let us look at real life. Taking out names and laying down the facts we have this glowing list:

DUI
DUI
Reckless Driving
Possession
Rehab
Rehab
Rehab

Does this sound like someone you would be friends with? Someone that you would hire? Society might turn their back on this person site unseen just based off of these life choices. They might not be able to get work. Most likely if they did find a job it would be minimum wage and taxing work. We certainly would never dream of putting them in front of our child as a role model or person to look up too. Nor would we offer them thousands of dollars to work for us. Lucky to be a celebrity. Sucks to be the average Joe.

Average Joe - Felony on application = not getting the job = poor.

Celebrity - Felony on application = more press = more fame = bigger paycheck.

Or let's bring it to even more serious terms with regard to their impact on our children.

Teacher, principle, school worker gets DUI - do we still allow them to keep their position? Are they allowed to still be involved in our children's lives?

Celebrity gets DUI - News everywhere and still influencing our children. What lesson are we teaching celebrities and our youth by letting them continually slide?

It is simple, the lesson they learn is that if you have enough money or fame you can get by with anything.

No wonder so many go off the deep end. what type of life is this when there are no boundaries? without them our minds go into chaos and ultimately look for escapes.

So escape.... but use your "driver", limo, or millions of dollars to buy a cab.

I'll shut up now, thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment